Braces for Adults Melbourne VIC
It is never too late to achieve the beautiful smile that you deserve.
With the latest advancements in dental technology, orthodontics treatments have been improved and modified and today, there are viable options for adults. Gone are the days of large, uncomfortable metal braces. Today’s treatments are designed to ensure a stunning smile without compromising your lifestyle. Designer Orthodontics work with many adult patients looking to enhance their smile and improve the function of their mouth. We can help you find a solution that meets your objectives and suits your budget.
Orthodontics can restore good function as well as enhance the health and appearance of your smile. A beautiful smile is also a powerful tool in both your personal and professional life, so adult orthodontic treatment can be a highly valuable investment.
Orthodontic treatment can be particularly successful for adult patients as they are typically more diligent with the care and maintenance of their orthodontic system.
That said, there may be some oral issues that need to be addressed before adult orthodontic treatment can commence:
- As the jaws of adult patients are no longer growing, jaw surgery (orthognathics) may be required to correct major orthodontic issues.
- Adults may have experienced bone deterioration and may need bone grafts to restore the jaw bone material. This is because bone loss can limit the amount and direction of tooth movement.
- Periodontal treatment may also be required throughout orthodontic treatment if the adult gum tissue is not in top condition.
A well aligned bite and straight teeth don’t just look good, it can also improve your oral health. Once orthodontic concerns are corrected you will often be able to experience improved speech and chewing ability, as well healthier teeth and gums. A straighter surface is easier to clean and there is a decreased chance of trapped foods and bacteria.
What concerns can be corrected?
Designer Orthodontics located in Melbourne have a range of aesthetically pleasing and lifestyle friendly orthodontic options that can help you achieve the perfectly straight looking smile you have always desired. Best of all, our orthodontists can craft a beautiful smile that will help support the contours of your face and help you appear and feel youthful.
We can correct concerns including:
- Incorrect tooth placement, overlapping teeth and gaps between teeth
- Misaligned jaws, which can influence the appearance of your chin and jaw
- Hindered ability to eat, speak or smile due to jaw or teeth misalignment
- Worn down teeth from an incorrect biting pattern
If you are concerned about the appearance of orthodontics, it is important to remember that we offer a range of discreet options to straighten your smile subtlety. Advancements in orthodontic technology mean there is a range of lifestyle friendly treatment options available for adults that can be virtually transparent and even removable.